After completing a Ph.D. degree in biology I have been working as a scientist and with nature conservation. However, the creative impulse was always there – I have been working creatively one way or the other for more than 30 years. I work in a range of visual arts, using textile techniques, mixed media, and printmaking. Currently I am studying for a bachelor of art at the OCA. I am based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and on occasion in Barcelona (Spain).
The feeling of encountering and connecting with nature is a deepfelt personal interest. My main inspiration are the ‘ways of Nature’, how things grow, decay and entangle within nature. I am interested in using natural materials to ask questions about our relationship with and care for nature. My practice is based on research and curiosity. Environmental concerns and my studies of biodiversity can’t help but inform my making as well.
- Natur-Naturligvis – 2021. Ågalleriet, Frederiksværk, Denmark
- Inmaculada – 2016. Christmas exhibit at gallery La Blu, Barcelona, Spain
- Melons – 2014. Ågalleriet, Frederiksværk, Denmark.
- MiniTex – 2014. Venues at Nicolai Kunst & Design, Kolding and Rundetårn, Copenhagen
- Suave 5 – 2013. International Juried Textile Assesoires Trienale. Venues at Museo Nacional de Artes Decorativas, Madrid and Guimaräes, Portugal.
- Den Gule Villa – 2013. Joint exhibit by the “Felting group”, Frederiksberg, Denmark
- Miniartextil – 2011. Exhibits on the theme Energheia incl. venues at Como and Venice, Italy and Paris, France.
- EdgeZine 2020. Inside edition, no. 9. p 23-25 https://issuu.com/edge-zine/docs/issue_no_9_red
- Ellen Bakker (ed) 2016. Worldwide colours of felt. Textile Link, Utrecht, NL. p 118. https://colorsofellen.com/en/products/books/worldwide-colours-of-felt
- Weidema I 2013. Felted stones. Håndarbejde Nu. Nr 4, pages 22-23.
- Tolstrup L & Degn L 2010. Filtefantasier, Forlaget Fiberfeber, pages. 52-53, 74-75, 169.
Member of Dansk Tekstillaug (Danish Textile Guild)